Students always wish to study abroad for completing their higher students. Most of them live in the dream of getting admission in their wishful universities outside India. Also, it is an excellent experience of studying abroad. Whether you go for a semester or a full year of two years, this study tour will always be remembered by you. The most important thing is to be prepared if anything goes wrong there. What would you do if in case you suffer a major injury or some health problems? There is no free medical treatment out there or somebody to look after your financial needs. Therefore, you need a cushion to let your study continue without any disturbance or problem.
Buying international student insurance gives you a sigh of relief because now you know that you and your personal belongings are kept safe. Hence, the insurance plans act as a lifeguard for the students overseas. There are three different types of insurance plans available for the students who wish to study abroad.
- Single Trip: The insurance plans lying under the category of Single Trip are valid for 90 days. Not every single trip insurance cover all the aspects of insurance benefits. However, you may be asked to spend extra on buying some more benefits.
- Annual Multi Trip: the Annual multi-trip is a better option for the students. As the students go to study in abroad for at least a year, therefore there is a requirement of the insurance plan which covers their expenses for almost a year. Annual Multi Trip insurance plans are valid for a year and are cheaper than several single trip policies.
- Backpacker: This is the perfect insurance plan for the students pursuing their studies in foreign countries. It lasts for two years and also covers the student’s one trip of maximum 14 days to home. These type of insurance plans are ideal for the students as they can focus on their studies without taking care of any renewal or payment.
Why is there a need for insurance to study abroad?
There is a huge need of getting insurance in case of any emergencies. Most of the students aren’t able to face the problems financially. They lack money and aren’t able to receive money from their parents at the time. So, the insurance plans come into play when there is a major emergency, and the student is not capable of recovering from it.
The insurance plans cover various areas and provide the financial support to the students.
- Medical Emergencies: In case you fall sick or suffer from any significant injury then the insurance company will cover all your medical expenses and the treatment cost if you have taken the insurance policy.
- Financial Mental Peace: While you are studying, your focus should always be on your studies and insurance would give you backing to maintain your focus. By paying insurance premium once a year, you will have financial security and you would not be bound to save money or ask for money from parents in your home country in case of any medical emergency.
- Cancellation or curtailment: In case of any personal problem, if you need to head back to your home, then the insurance company will bear all your traveling expenses for a visit. This depends on your insurance plan, whether coverage of compassionate visit is there or not.
- 24-hour emergency assistance: As the insurance plans look after the unforeseen events, therefore most of the policies come up with 24-hour emergency assistance. You can call or ask for help whenever you want to.
- Obligatory Requirements of Universities: Maximum number of universities these days require “Student Medical Insurance” as a mandatory document. Whether you purchase it from the university or you purchase it from any external provider (Like Student Cover). This goes with 99% of US universities and other major universities around the world.
Note: If you are traveling the United States of America for your studies, then checkout our insurance plans on www.intlstudentcover.com. Plans underwritten by United Healthcare or contact us to get the information about the best plan that suits your and university’s requirements.