As the world prepares to take the next giant leap in the field of technology by infusing artificial intelligence in day to day business operations, the demand for STEM courses has registered a sharp increase over the years. Sensing this opportunity, more and more Indian students are applying for STEM courses overseas so that they can acquire the best knowledge and skills that give a boost to their career.
In this blog, Student Cover tries to explain everything that one needs to know about STEM courses in US Universities and colleges and the benefits of taking such courses.
STEM stands for all those courses that fall under Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics stream. These are highly technical courses and are in great demand all over the world especially in developed countries where STEM graduates find jobs in IT, Engineering, Biotech, Civil Engineering, Chemical Science as well as in Artificial Intelligence and other related fields.
Being in great demand, these courses attract maximum number of students from all across the globe to developed countries like the US, Australia, Canada, UK and even China. That is the reason why getting admission in a STEM course in a college or university overseas is more challenging than getting admission in a humanities or a commerce courses. Countries like the U.S. provide great opportunity for students to learn new skills as well as experience world class teaching facility offered by universities and colleges in that country.
In the last couple of decades, the demand for engineering courses has risen to such an extent that the governments of the day have struggled to keep up with the demand for educational institutions that impart quality education in STEM streams. This has led to increasing number of students going abroad to get a degree in Science, Technology and Engineering.
However, unlike previous generation, the current generation has much more financing options. These days, several banks and non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) offer not only secured but also unsecured loans to those students who secure a seat in a college or university in the US, in STEM stream.
Organizations such as Student Cover, in association with banks and NBFCs have been offering unsecured education loans to finance STEM courses in the US. The amount of unsecured loan provided for such courses can be up to Rs. 40 Lakhs. Moreover, being unsecured, these loans do not require the borrower to submit land or property as collateral against such loans. Having a good credit history, admission offer letter and source of income is sufficient to get the loan. To know more about unsecured loans for STEM courses, email us at email@example.com
Benefits of taking STEM courses
“It’s easier for a technician to be a philosopher than for a philosopher to be a technician”. Taking up a degree course in STEM stream has many benefits for a student. Some of them are as follows:
• Better Job Prospects – STEM graduates are in huge demand especially in IT industry both in India as well as in the US. Having a degree in STEM also increases the chances of a student getting a well paying job. A STEM graduate can apply for H1B visa in the US which ultimately opens door for a Green Card or US citizenship in future.
• Both Secured and Unsecured Loans Available – Unlike non-STEM courses, students who got admitted for a STEM course in the US can get unsecured education loans from banks and NBFCs. The volume of such unsecured education loans can be up to Rs. 40 Lakhs depending on the creditworthiness of the borrower, the chosen course, the reputation of the academic institution, student’s academic record as well as job prospects.
• Better Chance of Getting Citizenship – STEM graduates fall under the category of highly skilled individuals. Countries like USA, UK, Canada and Australia encourage such highly skilled individuals to come and work in their country as they help in economic and technological advancement of their country.
• Developed Countries Provide Best Infrastructure for STEM Courses – STEM course requires a lot of investment in academic infrastructure as well as faculty to impart quality education to students. Countries like the US are known for providing one of the best academic facilities in the form of experimental labs as well as financial support for innovative projects.
• Opportunity to Work as well as start own business – In this day and age when innovation is given highest priority by every country, having technical knowledge and skill allows STEM graduates to find well paying jobs as well as start their own business. Silicon Valley in the US is known for encouraging such talented individuals to start their own companies.
• Better Job opportunities in India as well – In 21st century, India has emerged as a major player in the field of information technology. Places like Bengaluru and Hyderabad have emerged as major IT centers in India with high demand for graduates in the field of science and technology. Thus, having a degree in STEM stream from a University abroad leads to well paying job offers not only in developed countries like the US but also back home in India.
Let’s Wrap Up!
Pursuing a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics from a university or college in countries like the US, Canada, UK and Australia provides better job opportunities for Indian students. STEM students can now get both secured and unsecured loans to finance their higher education. And since the STEM graduates are in high demand, they also have better prospect of getting a job overseas as well as in India.
Disclaimer: The content of this blog is based on personal research of the writer. Readers’ discretion is advised. Neither Student Cover nor the writer will be held responsible for any wrongful interpretation of the content of this blog.