The first-time student customer gets a token of association from Student Cover in the form of a basic overseas travel insurance which is one of the mandatory things required by every person traveling to international destinations.
Many insurance companies offer a standard student travel insurance plan apart from their customized plans. If you encounter unpleasant experiences such as accident or any injury in a foreign country, a comprehensive student medical insurance would be of great help. Students who do not buy medical student travel insurance policy for their child simply do not know the benefits attached to it
Tips for Choosing Best Overseas Student Travel Insurance plan:
Following factors should be taken into consideration while choosing the best Student Travel Insurance Plan: –
- Insurance Company
- Insurance Policy maximum
- Co-Insurance, Co-Pay and Deductible limit
- Basic coverage
- Premium amount
- Unique benefits
Even if your trip doesn’t start for several weeks, it’s crucial that you purchase your student travel insurance policy as soon as you’ve put down any money for your trip – particularly any prepaid fees, like travel and accommodation costs, which tend to be quite high. By doing this, if something happens – like you fall ill and need to cancel your placement, you’ll be able to claim back any irrecoverable costs.
This travel insurance would cover you for numerous predictive risks for an international student traveler such as: –
- Medical Cover: Coverage for sicknesses and injuries upto the sum assured
- Repatriation: Covers expenses for repatriating the remains back to the home country as well as local burial or cremation.
- Dental Treatment: Covers cost of treatment to natural teeth in case of injuries.
- Personal Accident: Compensation paid in case of accidental – death or permanent total/partial disability
- Total Loss of Checked-in Baggage: Reimbursement for the loss suffered due to permanent loss of checked- in baggage whilst in custody of the Common Carrier.
- Delay of Checked-in Baggage: Allowance for the incidental expenses incurred due to a delay of checked-in baggage for more than 6 hours
- Loss of Passport: Reimbursement of expenses incurred in obtaining an emergency certificate to prosecute journey to Resident country as well as cost incurred for a duplicate passport.
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption: Reimbursement of the non-refundable prepaid payments, for the trip being cancelled or interrupted due to medical problems, acts of terrorism or natural disasters
- Trip Delay: Reimbursement of additional expenses incurred if trip is delayed for more than 6 hrs.
- Emergency Cash Advance: Emergency cash allowance given in case of accidental loss of all or almost all travel fund.
- Loss of Baggage: Reimbursement for loss incurred due to loss of Checked in Baggage
- Missed (Flight) Connections: Reimbursement of the extra expenses incurred due to missing a connecting flight, due to aircraft delay of more than 3 hours